Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
This chapter sets out the visa or entry permit requirements of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China. It cannot be taken as a full statement of the law governing immigration.Even where all immigration requirements set out in this chapter are met, travellers should not assume that they can gain automatic entry. The HKSAR immigration authorities have the right to refuse any person permission to land except those in Part I of this chapter.
3. No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you hold any of the following travel documents:*Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport, *Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the Macao Special Administrative Region only), *Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book, *Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes provided that the document is valid or the holder's limit of stay in Hong Kong has not expired. *Travel documents bearing one of the following endorsements: *"Holder's eligibility for Hong Kong permanent identity card verified." *"The holder of this travel document has the right to land in Hong Kong. (Section 2AAA, Immigration Ordinance, Cap. 115, Laws of Hong Kong)" *Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
5. Visitors are required to have adequate funds to cover the duration of their stay without working and, unless in transit to the Mainland of China or the Macao Special Administrative Region, to hold onward or return tickets. If you want to stay longer than the visa free period allowed, you must apply for a visa or entry permit before travelling to the HKSAR.
6. Visitors are not allowed by law to take up employment (paid or unpaid), to establish or join in any business, or to enter school as a student, nor, except in the most unusual circumstances, are visitors allowed to change their immigration status after arrival.
7. You may apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular mission (visit visa applications from Indian nationals should be submitted to the HKSAR Immigration Department direct).
8. As an alternative, you may also submit your visa or entry permit application to the HKSAR Immigration Department either directly by post or through a local sponsor. To shorten the processing time, application forms and supporting documents can be sent by fax to (852) 2824 1133 in the first instance. However, the original copy of the duly completed application form and the photographs required should be sent immediately to the HKSAR Immigration Department by air mail. A visa/entry permit will be issued only on receipt of an original, properly completed visa/entry permit application form.
9. If you are a Chinese resident of Taiwan, you should submit your application for an entry permit through one of the authorised airlines.
10.There are separate information leaflets regarding the arrangements for entry in respect of residents of the Mainland of China (ID 894A) and for overseas Chinese and Chinese residents of Taiwan (ID 895A). You can also obtain information here for entry to Hong Kong from the Mainland of China. Information on arrangements for entry to Hong Kong SAR for overseas Chinese and Chinese residents of Taiwan can be obtained here.
11. Persons who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before travelling to the HKSAR.
12. HKSAR visa requirements for the following foreign countries / territories: Please kindly visit the website for detailed information: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html